We provide a service to other designers and individuals that require a BASIX assessment or Energy efficiency rating assessment using ABSA accredited assessors.
What is BASIX?
On the first of July 2007 the NSW Government implemented Building Sustainability Index, commonly known as BASIX.
BASIX is the first of its kind worldwide. The aim is to reduce water consumption and energy by 40% compared with previous average homes.
BASIX is flexible, allowing new home builders to determine how they will meet water and energy saving targets from a range of options across three key areas:
- Thermal comfort
A BASIX Certificate is required on all new buildings, alterations and additions over $50,000 and swimming pools (over 40,000 litres).
You need to submit a BASIX Certificate along with plans and specifications to council for approval.
What can Onemile Designs can offer you…
Onemile Designs are accredited with ABSA and have the expertise and qualifications to offer home builders, renovators, pool contractors, and construction companies the following professional services:
- Preparation of detailed BASIX Certificates for DA submission
- General BASIX advisory service to minimise your heating/cooling costs etc
- Thermal Comfort assessments and advice
- Drafting Services
Get a BASIX Certificate or Quote
- Supply plans and specification to Onemile Designs by filling out the form below.
- We will then supply a quote and a checklist for extra information not shown on the plans, such as type of hot water service, stove, etc.
- On acceptance of quote and return of checklist a BASIX Report will be completed and returned to you.
- The report is then discussed with you and any necessary changes made.
- A BASIX Certificate and invoice is then issued.
- Once you have your BASIX Certificate submit it with your plans and specifications to your local council.
Quotes are necessary for complex plans. Onemile Designs does not modify architectural plans for the BASIX certificate. Obligation free quotes are available.